Friday, October 10, 2008

Song # 95" Norma Jean - The End Of All Things Will Be Televised

Song #95 : Norma Jean - The End Of All Things Will Be Televised

Sweetest album artwork ever??


"Tonight, the South is on fire!"

Something peculiar has happened with my taste in music over the past 4 years. i've grown to love and appreciate the brutal metal breakdown and screaming refrains as much as I do an insatiable hook. Not only is Norma Jean's Redeemer album full of them, but the quote above beats them all down. Like getting an elbow to the ribs during the NJ mosh pit from a tenacious five foot girl with wailing fists, I've seen the violent reaction to hardcore. I tend to just bob my head in affirmation that this is good stuff.

The song lyrics are pretty sweet too with apocalyptic imagery and veiled allusions to God's perfect justice at the end of all things. My second favorite lyric besides the quote above is probably

"Creation waits in eager expectation. Anxious. Patient.
Heaven will pause."

As the title implies, redemption is the main theme of the album and boy is it brutal. Christ is our sufficient redeemer!

Listen: youtube is not working for me. search for it!

No comments: