Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Song #92: Deltron 3030 - Things You Can Do

Song #92: Deltron 3030 - Things You Can Do


I must start with saying that I don't listen to a lot of hip-hop/rap but there are just some artists that have such immense talent I can't ignore. Del Tha Funkee Homosapien is one of those guys. His flow is just incredible. It's like liquid oxygen as he states in this song. I also really appreciate that I can comprehend all the lyrics on first listen. The lyrics are always intelligent and cogent and especially on this album which basically a scifi concept.

On to the song itself, "things you can do,some can't be done" that holds the beat together is extremely memorable. Dan The Automator lays down some sweet beats through out the LP. The lyrics on this song are a mix of Del boasting his flow and explaining the main theme of the album - that rap is the only form of free speech in the draconian world of 3030 and technology can no longer be trusted:

"never let a computer tell me shit!"



I would love some recommendations for rap artists that have his lyrical intelligence and flow.

No comments: