Monday, September 22, 2008

The Top 100 Songs Project - An Introduction

Picking my hundred favorite songs is the most arduous yet fulfilling task I've attempted in a long, long time. There are so many facets of a song that make it great just like there are countless ways music can move me - to dance, to jump, to mosh, to act, to give, to ponder, to love, or even to just smile. And with the intensity that a lyric moves my heart, in equal magnitude a soaring hook wiggles its way from my ears and down through my spine to the floor. It's exactly this divide between lyrical honesty, grand musicianship, and just a silly pop hook that characterizes this list.

I'm going to do a post on each song in the list starting with #100. Each post will have an embedded audio stream and any relevant youtube content.

No comments: