Thursday, September 25, 2008

Song #98: Fall Out Boy - Sugar, We're Going Down

Song #98: Fall Out Boy - Sugar, We're Going Down



"I'm just notch in your bed post, but you're just a line in a song"

While this is definitely the most clever lyric in the song, it's also the only one I can distinctly understand from Patrick Stump's awful pronunciation AND enunciation. Does anyone remember FOB's previous album Take This To Your Grave? Patrick had no troubles belting lyrics that could be understood. So what the heck?

Regardless, it was still the catchiest song of Summer 2005 and I for one couldn't help but sing along every time I saw the music video or heard it blaring at a restaurant/gas station/movie theater/Rockets game/student union/any place with speakers. You'd think this was one of the songs I'd be sick of by now (and I'm sure most of you are) But no. It stood the test of time....a little over three years. And though I thought the rest of the album sucked hard, I've still got a little place in my heart for the single that made them rock stars.

Music Video:

Awful FOB live :

No comments: